Name: Roslynn
Home:
See my complete profile


I was greeted with the smelly sulphur the moment I got off the bus. Noboribetsu Onsen is this quiet hotspring town south of Sapporo. After getting off the bus station, I have to pass through the inevitable row of shops selling souvenirs. Then, it's the various restaurants and hotels...
After walking all the way up the slope, I finally reached the main aim of going to Noboribetsu! There is this famous place called 地獄谷 cos it looks like a 地獄. I missed going to this place the last time I was in Hokkaido. Hmm... I wonder if hell smells like that too....

Here's a picture of a geyser at the end of the wooden pathway. There was some strong bubbling now and then but no gush of water up anywhere...
As you can see, it's unusually 'warm' in Hokkaido this year. I was quite shocked at first to discover that the grass is green beneath all that snow! Grass is just as strong as cockroaches!
Btw, take a look at the videos I took and be prepared to be dazed by my video taking skills. Literary!!! Also notice the sound of me sniffling throughout. Cold!!
| FreeCounter |
|---|

