The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
NEW YORK.
Welcome.
The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
New York.
An aspiring hikikomori/ gomiyashiki owner who will get 3 dogs, 1 cat and a herb
garden when she is in her 40s.
Currently a second year Phd student in East Asian Studies, NYU; a self-proclaimed OTAKU; a
clumsy but avid snowboarder; and absent oneechama of Variel.
8 Sept 2010: West Side Story, WICKED
19 Sept 2010: Chicago
8 Oct 2010: Promises Promises
29 Oct 2010: Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
14 Nov 2010: American Idiot
18 Jan 2011: Billy Elliot
8 Feb 2011: La Cage Aux Folles
6 Mar 2011: Paul Taylor Dance Group
5 Apr 2011: Catch Me If You Can (Broadway preview)
2 Dec 2011: La Boheme
9 Jan 2012: Rent
22 Mar 2012: Phantom of the Opera
23 May 2012: Avenue Q
26 Sep 2012: Newsies
2 Oct 2012: Turandot
4 Oct 2012: Once
15 Oct 2012: Sleep No More
28 Nov 2012: Lion King
7 Feb 2013: Book of Mormons
14 Mar 2013: Jersey Boys
25 Mar 2013: Sleep No More
21 May 2013: Kinky Boots
26 Sep 2013: Big Fish
Sunday, February 04, 2007
2:41 PM
Yen Ling is here!! Yukimatsuri- construction in progress
Finally! It's YL's turn here! I met up with her yesterday and she stayed in my humble abode last nite. She's just visiting for 1 short day cos she and her fellow ALTs are only interested to see the prequel of the snow festival. Seems like the actual festival is going to be very crowded so it's better to see if before the start of the festival on the 6th. However, most of the statues were incomplete, the humongous snow slide is not opened yet and the food festival has not started yet too. But check out the Self Defence forces busy saving the country with their statues!! You won't be able to see them in action during the actual festival. For those uninformed, most of the statues every year were built by them!
My Okinawa! My Chura Umi suizokukan! Yes, Serinah! They are building a sculpture on the aquarium. Don't ask me why! Construction in progress. FYI, I am supposed to help in making the statues the very next day. I.e., Today!! Can anybody guess who this is? Hint: Look at the apple and book in front of the statue! Dororo! This special effects period movie starring Shibasaki Kou and Tsumabuki. Tsumabuki was sooo cute in SmapxSmap's Bistro! He kept having 2nd, 3rd servings!!! This is one movie dat I really wanna watch! Me and YL!! Hoping to make her green with envy, we sent pic like this to Teresa too. Even took pains to mention that we are having bbq vege for dinner later even though it's actually Ghengis Khan!! Ahaha!!! We then started towards Susukino (the night life area) and passed by Tanuki koji on the way. Amazingly, I found a souvenier shop with real live Kurione!! Wow!! They are some kind of living organism that lives beneath glaciers. And I think they are unique to Hokkaido too! The picture might not be clear enough but they actually look a little bit like angels! Kawaiiiii!
Then for dinner, it's back to the same Ghengis Khan restaurant that I went with Ling chan! Look! It's a group of Singaporeans again! I miss Singlish!
YL left early this morning at 6.30am. This was the first time I woke up so early here. It was snowing soooooo heavily when I saw her off to the station that we were walking right in the middle of the road cos the snow was toooo deep to walk through anywhere else.
After seeing her off, I am off to build my very first snow sculpture!