The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
NEW YORK.
Welcome.
The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
New York.
An aspiring hikikomori/ gomiyashiki owner who will get 3 dogs, 1 cat and a herb
garden when she is in her 40s.
Currently a second year Phd student in East Asian Studies, NYU; a self-proclaimed OTAKU; a
clumsy but avid snowboarder; and absent oneechama of Variel.
8 Sept 2010: West Side Story, WICKED
19 Sept 2010: Chicago
8 Oct 2010: Promises Promises
29 Oct 2010: Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
14 Nov 2010: American Idiot
18 Jan 2011: Billy Elliot
8 Feb 2011: La Cage Aux Folles
6 Mar 2011: Paul Taylor Dance Group
5 Apr 2011: Catch Me If You Can (Broadway preview)
2 Dec 2011: La Boheme
9 Jan 2012: Rent
22 Mar 2012: Phantom of the Opera
23 May 2012: Avenue Q
26 Sep 2012: Newsies
2 Oct 2012: Turandot
4 Oct 2012: Once
15 Oct 2012: Sleep No More
28 Nov 2012: Lion King
7 Feb 2013: Book of Mormons
14 Mar 2013: Jersey Boys
25 Mar 2013: Sleep No More
21 May 2013: Kinky Boots
26 Sep 2013: Big Fish
Monday, March 26, 2007
4:10 PM
Cheesy dinner and my bo geh bitch- Feb 23
I am just so satisfied and happy with this meal that I had to go and take a picture of it. Look! Even brinjal haters will love this dish cos the brinjal is soaked in sausage juice, grilled to soft, juicy perfection and topped with a mountain of grilled cheese. everything here is done using my lovely grill.
Oh, talking about my grill, I just remembered something that happened to me and my darling grill. One day, I bought this melon bread. (it's a big round bread shaped like half a melon. It don't really taste like a melon but there are some kinds with melon cream filling) As the oven function in my microwave oven do not really give a crunchy effect to my bread, i decided to put this BIG round melon bread in my grill. While the bread is in my grill, my friend Li An called me. Halfway through the conversation, I smelled something burning. I am not sure why but I continued my conversation with her while walking over to open my grill. I was greeted by a BIG round ball of fire in my grill. Calmly, I continued the conversation while my mind was screaming 'FIRE!! FIRE!!'.
'Yes, yes... I think so too. But why don't you...' ... close the grill... switch it off... look blindly at the sink for a container of sort... 'Mmm... ok, I'll do that...'... get a bowl... fill it with water... open the grill... BIG ball of fire still burning merrily... throw the water into my grill... close it again... continue my conversation with Li An. To this day, I don't think she knows that I was fighting a domestic fire while chatting with her. To further horrify you, I actually tried to consume that charred ball of melon bread. The whole thing tasted like ash and soot even after scraping the top away so I gave up after swallowing 2 mouthfuls of ashy melon bread. Those poor kids in Africa!
Next day, my lau char boh who is turning into a boh geh dropped a tooth for me. The first pic is the back and the second is the front view. Look at how it's coated with grey coloured tartar. I am keeping the tooth so drop by and take a look at it whenever you are free!