The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
NEW YORK.
Welcome.
The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
New York.
An aspiring hikikomori/ gomiyashiki owner who will get 3 dogs, 1 cat and a herb
garden when she is in her 40s.
Currently a second year Phd student in East Asian Studies, NYU; a self-proclaimed OTAKU; a
clumsy but avid snowboarder; and absent oneechama of Variel.
8 Sept 2010: West Side Story, WICKED
19 Sept 2010: Chicago
8 Oct 2010: Promises Promises
29 Oct 2010: Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
14 Nov 2010: American Idiot
18 Jan 2011: Billy Elliot
8 Feb 2011: La Cage Aux Folles
6 Mar 2011: Paul Taylor Dance Group
5 Apr 2011: Catch Me If You Can (Broadway preview)
2 Dec 2011: La Boheme
9 Jan 2012: Rent
22 Mar 2012: Phantom of the Opera
23 May 2012: Avenue Q
26 Sep 2012: Newsies
2 Oct 2012: Turandot
4 Oct 2012: Once
15 Oct 2012: Sleep No More
28 Nov 2012: Lion King
7 Feb 2013: Book of Mormons
14 Mar 2013: Jersey Boys
25 Mar 2013: Sleep No More
21 May 2013: Kinky Boots
26 Sep 2013: Big Fish
Monday, April 02, 2007
12:31 AM
Second day in Goto: My Cheesy Birthday 19th Mar
Teresa had to work as it's a Monday. She had to wake me up in the morning so that I can lock the door after she left. Sleepily, I carried Variel down the stairs- (FYI, that silly Variel can climb up the stairs and cannot climb down cos it's too steep) -and missed a step, slipping down several steps. OUCH!!! You would think that would wake me up but I went back to sleep immediately after locking the door. In total, I fell 6 times since coming to Japan. 3 times on the snow and 3 times on the stairs. Sigh!!! This time, not only does my backside hurt like hell, I got an incredible bruise on my calf. Worst thing is that my mum just sent me a bottle of zheng gu shui and I left it in Sapporo. ARGHH!
After a lazy morning of eathing Teresa's fabulous DANISH (not Dutch) bread, I slapped on some makeup (totally unneccessary on an island) and brought Variel for a walk in the wonderful weather.
Taking a right from Teresa's house, I came across this old-looking slope:
After walking through a row of old shophouses, we reached one of the ports there. The sea looks rather dirty but that can't be helped cos it's a port after all. Look at my lovely Variel gazing at the sea. So romantic!!:
Walking along the sea, I made it back to Teresa's sleepy little town. This is there shopping arcade. Ahahaha! Very quiet and not much shops open for business. Then we came across this shrine with a really old banyan tree. I think it's about 600years old. Interestingly, it's split in the middle!
After that, it's up the slopes facing Teresa's apartment. Here is what the little town looks like from the top. Can you spot Variel in the picture?
After a long walk, it's time to go back and wait for Teresa to come home. She was going to prepare a special feast for me cos it's my BIRTHDAY!!
Our English teacher came home at around 5.30 and transformed into a little housewife in apron!! The cheesy menu for today: Cheese gratin, salad with baby cheese, fried fish and cheesecake!
After dinner, it was time to take out my cake! I can't wait to eat it! Those who know me at citi knows that I am willing to sell my soul for cheesecake. Well, the story is too gruesome and unhappy to put on this blog so just too bad!
Actually, the cheesecake was extremely delicious but it was a bit of a failure for Teresa cos she her microwave-oven fails to live up to it's task. She ended up with baked cheesecake on the side and 'rare' cheesecake in the middle. Which was absolutely fine with me cos I get to have the best of both worlds! Happy birthday to ME!!!
0 comments