The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
NEW YORK.
Welcome.
The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
New York.
An aspiring hikikomori/ gomiyashiki owner who will get 3 dogs, 1 cat and a herb
garden when she is in her 40s.
Currently a second year Phd student in East Asian Studies, NYU; a self-proclaimed OTAKU; a
clumsy but avid snowboarder; and absent oneechama of Variel.
8 Sept 2010: West Side Story, WICKED
19 Sept 2010: Chicago
8 Oct 2010: Promises Promises
29 Oct 2010: Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
14 Nov 2010: American Idiot
18 Jan 2011: Billy Elliot
8 Feb 2011: La Cage Aux Folles
6 Mar 2011: Paul Taylor Dance Group
5 Apr 2011: Catch Me If You Can (Broadway preview)
2 Dec 2011: La Boheme
9 Jan 2012: Rent
22 Mar 2012: Phantom of the Opera
23 May 2012: Avenue Q
26 Sep 2012: Newsies
2 Oct 2012: Turandot
4 Oct 2012: Once
15 Oct 2012: Sleep No More
28 Nov 2012: Lion King
7 Feb 2013: Book of Mormons
14 Mar 2013: Jersey Boys
25 Mar 2013: Sleep No More
21 May 2013: Kinky Boots
26 Sep 2013: Big Fish
Thursday, October 04, 2007
7:07 PM
erm erm erm erm erm EERRRMMMMMM!!!!!!!
Do everybody remember the times when we couldn't choose the modules we want to take because the exam time/ lecture time/ tutorial time clashes with each other. Do you remember the fustration? I couldn't take this really interesting module on manga/anime cos I sacrificed it for my soci module on Race and Ethnicity, and what I learnt for that module went on to contribute to my honors thesis. The fustration is simply because you want to take both modules of which you are both interested in.
Imagine how much more fustrating (to the power of infinity) if you absolutely HAVE to take a module that you totally don't want to take and in the process, 1) sacrifice 2 modules that you really truly want to take because there is a clash in the timing. 2) take a totally useless-boring-trance inducing module just because you couldn't take the 2 modules above and absolutely have to get a replacement or you won't fufill the requirements to graduate.
THIS is how I feel now. FYI, the useless-boring-trance inducing lesson is by this soon-to-be-past-retirement-age teacher who drones on in a monotone on rural/farming community.
I feel like pulling my hair out of my scalp.
On the bright side...
This is the one and only time when I can annouce to the whole world, no... the whole universe, my results for last semester.
I got all 'A's for the 5 lessons I took. One whole row of ’優’ on my result slip.
I am shocked. Agast at how I can possibly get an 'A' out of a lesson that I did not do any substantive work. Remember? That was the lesson where there was a disagreement among the rest of the students over the project and everything was cancelled. Perhaps the teacher felt bad over the whole distasteful event and decided to give everybody an 'A'. As a result, I have decided to take the very same lesson again this sem in the hope that he can give me a free 'A' again.
The same teacher gave me an 'A' for another lesson that I took under him. I intend to chase him to the ends of the earth to tell me what he think about the 5 page paper (in japanese) that I put in so much blood and sweat to complete.
Remember how we wait in anticipation for the grading from our lecturers on our assignments? I did not realize how much I miss reading the scrawled comments at the end. Remember how we tried to figure out what the lecturer wrote on our paper that bears an uncanny resemblance to the doctor's comments on our MC? It is MISSING here. They take and keep your assignments. I guess students here don't care about any comments other than their results at the end too.
I wonder what happened to the mountain of assignments by the Hokkaido Uni students.
Honestly, I wonder if the lecturers even read it.
0 comments