The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
NEW YORK.
Welcome.
The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
New York.
An aspiring hikikomori/ gomiyashiki owner who will get 3 dogs, 1 cat and a herb
garden when she is in her 40s.
Currently a second year Phd student in East Asian Studies, NYU; a self-proclaimed OTAKU; a
clumsy but avid snowboarder; and absent oneechama of Variel.
8 Sept 2010: West Side Story, WICKED
19 Sept 2010: Chicago
8 Oct 2010: Promises Promises
29 Oct 2010: Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
14 Nov 2010: American Idiot
18 Jan 2011: Billy Elliot
8 Feb 2011: La Cage Aux Folles
6 Mar 2011: Paul Taylor Dance Group
5 Apr 2011: Catch Me If You Can (Broadway preview)
2 Dec 2011: La Boheme
9 Jan 2012: Rent
22 Mar 2012: Phantom of the Opera
23 May 2012: Avenue Q
26 Sep 2012: Newsies
2 Oct 2012: Turandot
4 Oct 2012: Once
15 Oct 2012: Sleep No More
28 Nov 2012: Lion King
7 Feb 2013: Book of Mormons
14 Mar 2013: Jersey Boys
25 Mar 2013: Sleep No More
21 May 2013: Kinky Boots
26 Sep 2013: Big Fish
Sunday, March 23, 2008
9:16 PM
A gust of cold wind, a storm in a teacup
This title explains all that had happened in my church today. Last week, I was told by this obasan that some people has been complaining to her about me bringing Variel to church.
So she asked me not to bring her. I asked her if I can just put V in the bag and not let her out. She said no. I told her I had no choice. V barks in sunday mornings and I had complain calls from my property agent. The prop agent even called my uni to complain. So she said I can leave her outside the hall.
Thus, I left V outside the hall today. But she started barking cos I wasn't around to be with her.
I was then asked by a lady to bring her downstairs.
She was just barking cos I wasn't around. She was not barking for the fun of it. She will still bark if I leave her alone downstairs.
It was really the last straw.
I felt surrounded on all sides by enemies, people looking at me with cold eyes.
My neighbours ......... the people in my church ................ my property agent and their stingyness (I wasn't allowed to even bring V to Eleanor's house anymore so she can't help me look after her. It's a long story and I don't wanna explain about Japan's stingy property system here)
Anyway, I simply took off in the middle of Easter celebrations. I mean, if I had to stay outside the hall throughout the whole service, I might as well just go home.
That was the gust of cold wind I felt quite strongly from Sapporo city.
Now comes the storm.... As I left without a word, and as I had decided not to go church until I can solve this problem, I emailed Guiying, telling her that my reasons for leaving. Fumie, my bible study teacher and friend, misconstrued my email and thought that the string of events occured today. She thought somebody had said something unkind about Variel to me. She even questioned the lady who told me to bring V downstairs.
Even Dawn, my only friend who dislikes Variel (calls her 'dog'), asked the pastor if he said I can't bring Variel to church. Which was one small step for man, an enormous leap for Dawn.
I didn't know I cooked up such a storm over my abrupt departure and short email. Of course, the accumulated wind was cold enough to blow me home but I don't like to trouble others over something as unimportant as little 'o' me.
Fumie called me over skype at night to tell me that she will speak to the pastor over this. Other than the pastor, she is the one person that I really respect in the church. She is the not the pushy kind of Christian who waves their religion persistently in one's face but the kind that quietly shines with the Holy Spirit.
Let's pray that the pastor's wife is beside him when Fumie calls him. Cos she loves Variel.
0 comments