The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
NEW YORK.
Welcome.
The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
New York.
An aspiring hikikomori/ gomiyashiki owner who will get 3 dogs, 1 cat and a herb
garden when she is in her 40s.
Currently a second year Phd student in East Asian Studies, NYU; a self-proclaimed OTAKU; a
clumsy but avid snowboarder; and absent oneechama of Variel.
8 Sept 2010: West Side Story, WICKED
19 Sept 2010: Chicago
8 Oct 2010: Promises Promises
29 Oct 2010: Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
14 Nov 2010: American Idiot
18 Jan 2011: Billy Elliot
8 Feb 2011: La Cage Aux Folles
6 Mar 2011: Paul Taylor Dance Group
5 Apr 2011: Catch Me If You Can (Broadway preview)
2 Dec 2011: La Boheme
9 Jan 2012: Rent
22 Mar 2012: Phantom of the Opera
23 May 2012: Avenue Q
26 Sep 2012: Newsies
2 Oct 2012: Turandot
4 Oct 2012: Once
15 Oct 2012: Sleep No More
28 Nov 2012: Lion King
7 Feb 2013: Book of Mormons
14 Mar 2013: Jersey Boys
25 Mar 2013: Sleep No More
21 May 2013: Kinky Boots
26 Sep 2013: Big Fish
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
10:59 AM
Crying out pain at the center of the world
For the record, I would like to state how much I hate to subject my loyal friends out there to a volley of my complains.
But this materialistic and selfish heart of mine gives a tweak of pain whenever I see the numerous deep fissures along the bread pan in my spanking new bread maker. I had only used it twice before lending it to a good friend and it came back decorated on the inside with lines.
This deep affection for non-stick surfaces stems from the time I went utensil shopping with my aunt for our new condo at Hazel Park. After much consideration, we bought an extremely expensive frying pan from Taka, and I loved its non-stick surface to bits. Of course, we also bought a nylon headed spatula to lovingly and gently stroke the non-stick surface. Since the pan was really very expensive, I was real careful with it. Imagine my pleasure when frying a perfect egg sans fattening oil, courtesy of the wonderful non-stick surface.This marks the beginning of my lingering affair with non-stick surfaces.
My appreciation of non-stick surface continues into my life in Sapporo. I actually changed my frying pan once cos the first cheapo one I bought had a non-stick surface that cheated on me and disappeared within a year. Thus, the equation: lots of cash=good non-stick surface.
So imagine my heart pain when I see my moh peng bread pan. I had already made a decision to buy an extra bread pan before bringing the machine back home next year. But my useless heart can't help but twitch in pain at this carnage before me.
Onto a happier note, here is the wholemeal bread I made from my breadmaker: