The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
NEW YORK.
Welcome.
The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
New York.
An aspiring hikikomori/ gomiyashiki owner who will get 3 dogs, 1 cat and a herb
garden when she is in her 40s.
Currently a second year Phd student in East Asian Studies, NYU; a self-proclaimed OTAKU; a
clumsy but avid snowboarder; and absent oneechama of Variel.
8 Sept 2010: West Side Story, WICKED
19 Sept 2010: Chicago
8 Oct 2010: Promises Promises
29 Oct 2010: Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
14 Nov 2010: American Idiot
18 Jan 2011: Billy Elliot
8 Feb 2011: La Cage Aux Folles
6 Mar 2011: Paul Taylor Dance Group
5 Apr 2011: Catch Me If You Can (Broadway preview)
2 Dec 2011: La Boheme
9 Jan 2012: Rent
22 Mar 2012: Phantom of the Opera
23 May 2012: Avenue Q
26 Sep 2012: Newsies
2 Oct 2012: Turandot
4 Oct 2012: Once
15 Oct 2012: Sleep No More
28 Nov 2012: Lion King
7 Feb 2013: Book of Mormons
14 Mar 2013: Jersey Boys
25 Mar 2013: Sleep No More
21 May 2013: Kinky Boots
26 Sep 2013: Big Fish
Saturday, December 27, 2008
2:44 AM
Kokusai Ski resort 国際スキー場
My first ride of the season...
I must say, it was satisfactory.. to an extent. Me and Miya were too nice, spending a whole morning and a bit of the afternoon teaching the new kids. Even when they have grasped the rudimentary skill to brake. Though I am always glad to initiate new people to the sport, it remains a fact that half a day was wasted. The guys, on the other hand, were riding down the slopes with ease even before lunch. Even when it was the first time on a snowboard for CF and second time for MX. Is the difference a matter of sex? I hate to admit it, but maybe?!?! Damn!!! I want to see a guy who sucks at snowboarding or hates snowboarding. Yes, there are female snowboarders, but most females either suck at snowboarding (for example, me) or simply give up cos it was too tiring, too difficult, too cold, can't take the falls etc etc...
Anyway, Kokusai was not a place suitable for beginners in the first place. I personally prefer Kiroro, cos there's a variety of slopes for beginners. During dinner, E happily said he prefer Kokusai, cos the slope were more difficult. Is it my problem or that he just have the knack to push my wrong buttons. I just get the impression that he chooses places based on his personal preference, and not for the poor newbie he is dragging along to 'roll' down the mountain with. Maybe I am just being biased or too sensitive (the two qualities that I had always believed that I lack).
As usual, I went through my gamut of 'maybe I am really sick of snowboarding', 'maybe I won't be able to snowboard properly no matter how hard I try', 'I totally suck!' .. etc... but ended the day with, 'Yes, I will continue!' I have yet to understand why I am obsessed with this sport when I am so kia-si and afraid of speed.
For photos, see here. I will be uploading more photos into this album as the season progresses.