The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
NEW YORK.
Welcome.
The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
New York.
An aspiring hikikomori/ gomiyashiki owner who will get 3 dogs, 1 cat and a herb
garden when she is in her 40s.
Currently a second year Phd student in East Asian Studies, NYU; a self-proclaimed OTAKU; a
clumsy but avid snowboarder; and absent oneechama of Variel.
8 Sept 2010: West Side Story, WICKED
19 Sept 2010: Chicago
8 Oct 2010: Promises Promises
29 Oct 2010: Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
14 Nov 2010: American Idiot
18 Jan 2011: Billy Elliot
8 Feb 2011: La Cage Aux Folles
6 Mar 2011: Paul Taylor Dance Group
5 Apr 2011: Catch Me If You Can (Broadway preview)
2 Dec 2011: La Boheme
9 Jan 2012: Rent
22 Mar 2012: Phantom of the Opera
23 May 2012: Avenue Q
26 Sep 2012: Newsies
2 Oct 2012: Turandot
4 Oct 2012: Once
15 Oct 2012: Sleep No More
28 Nov 2012: Lion King
7 Feb 2013: Book of Mormons
14 Mar 2013: Jersey Boys
25 Mar 2013: Sleep No More
21 May 2013: Kinky Boots
26 Sep 2013: Big Fish
Saturday, December 27, 2008
11:36 AM
Variel=burden
Variel is turing into a horrid burden, especially with the start of the snowboarding season. I am seriously troubled by her barking problem whenever she is left alone. I feel like a single mother raising a kid all by herself, except children are legitimated burdens that society recognize, and thus empathize. My aunt don't understand the stress I have to go through in considering my every action that have to bring me out of my house, and how this seriously hampers my activities. I have to bring Variel everywhere, school, restaurants, theatre... so much so that I am sure that people around me must think that I am this dotty foreigner who brings her dog in her bag everywhere. I don't want my life to center around Variel only.
It's not that I have not tried everything in my power to solve this problem. Giving her difficult to access treats, bringing her out for walks before I leave the house, leaving the tv on so that there are some sounds to accompany her. But if I go snowboarding, I will be out for more than 12 hours. And that is really too long for her.
Instead of seeking the easy solution in the form of a electric collar, maybe I shall try to re-train her. Teach her to be more independant by 1)Making her sleep in living room and not with me (sobz!), 2) not letting her sit on my lap anymore (there goes my free heater), 3) leave the house several times for a short 1hr period in a day to get her used to being alone (and under winter's below 0 degrees, freeze myself to death in the process) 4) Go snowboarding only during weekends so that I can leave her at Erica's place, 5) consider putting her in a pet hotel the night before (cos I have to leave for ski resort at 7~8am usually and no petshops are open yet), 6) Get my family to look after her using Skype (but this has to be in the weekends too).
If all these don't work, e-collar is the only solution I can think of.