The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
NEW YORK.
Welcome.
The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
New York.
An aspiring hikikomori/ gomiyashiki owner who will get 3 dogs, 1 cat and a herb
garden when she is in her 40s.
Currently a second year Phd student in East Asian Studies, NYU; a self-proclaimed OTAKU; a
clumsy but avid snowboarder; and absent oneechama of Variel.
8 Sept 2010: West Side Story, WICKED
19 Sept 2010: Chicago
8 Oct 2010: Promises Promises
29 Oct 2010: Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
14 Nov 2010: American Idiot
18 Jan 2011: Billy Elliot
8 Feb 2011: La Cage Aux Folles
6 Mar 2011: Paul Taylor Dance Group
5 Apr 2011: Catch Me If You Can (Broadway preview)
2 Dec 2011: La Boheme
9 Jan 2012: Rent
22 Mar 2012: Phantom of the Opera
23 May 2012: Avenue Q
26 Sep 2012: Newsies
2 Oct 2012: Turandot
4 Oct 2012: Once
15 Oct 2012: Sleep No More
28 Nov 2012: Lion King
7 Feb 2013: Book of Mormons
14 Mar 2013: Jersey Boys
25 Mar 2013: Sleep No More
21 May 2013: Kinky Boots
26 Sep 2013: Big Fish
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
2:41 AM
CNY eve eve dinner, before, during and after
CNY eve eve eve: Arrival of Miya in Sapporo. We went Big House together to buy the CNY eve eve dinner. My fridge overflowed with food! Chatted with Miya until 3am!
CNY eve eve: Woke up at 5:30am, passed Variel to Erica and Shinobu, and we were off to our date with our danna sans at Kiroro. It was fricking shiok cos no need to teach anyone. Just went up the lifts, me, miya and Ingyo. Unfortunately, Ingyo has latent kamikaze tendencies and crashed into me once, into miya twice and permanently scarred our dannas... Actually, I was just waxing both dannas and noticed two scars on mine. I wonder why... Anyway, I was the only one who went up a total of 11 times! Woo hoo! And on the last run down, I was soooo tired. But I can now confidently announce to the world: I can snowboard!!!
Evening, arrived back at Sapporo, went back to my place to prepare our CNY eve eve reunion dinner. Total of six people: Me, miya, mayu, Tenka, Mayuko, Chenfei. We had lotsa shabu shabu meat, a friendly session of foul language exchange, beer and craziness.
CNY eve: Horrible horrible day. Out of the goodness and generousity of my heart, I went to church to pass the leftover lou hei to shinobu and erica. But was too tired from the activities of the past two days, fell asleep on the subway, left the lou hei and my make-up pouch in a Muji paper bag, on the floor of the subway. Realized my loss on the shuttle bus to church, they turned back for me, the station peeps told me to call 3 hrs later to see if anybody found it. Unhappy me went to church, then after the service, decided to go straight to Odori lost and found to ask if they have it. Reached Odori, walked all the way there, found out it was closed. Called the number I was given, was told that my stuff was in Hibari ga oka. Got on the subway again, fell asleep again, woke up one station before Miyanozawa (where my church is) and realized I took the wrong direction. Got off the subway, went to the opp platform, got on the subway, fell asleep again, missed the Hibari ga oka station and found myself in the last station, Shin sapporo. I even had to be woken up by the conductor. finally managed to make my way to Hibari, typed a long long email to Shinobu so that I won't fall asleep again, and finally got home. Reunion dinner via skype. I ate a whole can of abalone and the leftover 'steamboat' from yesterday.
CNY: Hikikomori-ed at home for the whole day. Was kept busy chatting to my family on skype and planning their itinerary in feb, so much so that I almost don't have time to eat lunch and dinner!