The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
NEW YORK.
Welcome.
The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
New York.
An aspiring hikikomori/ gomiyashiki owner who will get 3 dogs, 1 cat and a herb
garden when she is in her 40s.
Currently a second year Phd student in East Asian Studies, NYU; a self-proclaimed OTAKU; a
clumsy but avid snowboarder; and absent oneechama of Variel.
8 Sept 2010: West Side Story, WICKED
19 Sept 2010: Chicago
8 Oct 2010: Promises Promises
29 Oct 2010: Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
14 Nov 2010: American Idiot
18 Jan 2011: Billy Elliot
8 Feb 2011: La Cage Aux Folles
6 Mar 2011: Paul Taylor Dance Group
5 Apr 2011: Catch Me If You Can (Broadway preview)
2 Dec 2011: La Boheme
9 Jan 2012: Rent
22 Mar 2012: Phantom of the Opera
23 May 2012: Avenue Q
26 Sep 2012: Newsies
2 Oct 2012: Turandot
4 Oct 2012: Once
15 Oct 2012: Sleep No More
28 Nov 2012: Lion King
7 Feb 2013: Book of Mormons
14 Mar 2013: Jersey Boys
25 Mar 2013: Sleep No More
21 May 2013: Kinky Boots
26 Sep 2013: Big Fish
Saturday, March 07, 2009
8:59 PM
My Hikikomori-ing activity
I had been involved in one of my fav hikikomori activity. Watching TV. And not simply TV, but chinese period dramas. Watched 50 episodes of Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008. It simply started with a desire to check out how this newest version is. I had always loved period dramas and given my ability to forget plots or storylines, watching different versions of these period dramas will never bore me out.
So it was fun. Simply watching 50 episodes in less than 3 days was fun. Waiting for the various remembered twists in the story was fun. Waiting to see who is the actor for the four ah pehs and one siao ah peh was fun too. And of course, the fact that I can either fast forward or go to the toilet during the flashbacks and long-winded death scenes was convenient. Even better, I actually watched almost the whole damn thing in cantonese. Good listening practice to see how much I remember. Unfortunately, I don't think Huang Rong was pretty enough. It was also weird to see Guo Jing running around in dreadlocks all the time. Sort of reminds me of Erica! LOL!
I usually escape to tv land whenever I am faced with something unpleasant, like thesis. Now, it is the myriad details and admin stuff I will be faced with since I am going back. Called the landlord today and was told that I had to pay an extra month of rent since I did not tell him one month beforehand. That kiam siap uncle. I hope he can't find anybody for this apartment for at least half a year.
Right now, I have 4 pax worth of 1 day lift tic to kokusai and no living thing willing, free or appropriate to go with me. How come nobody wants free tickets? What is this nan nu shou shou bu qing thing? Or could it be that attached guys cannot be seen cavorting with single females cos they will be committing a great sin? Sianz. I think I'll just pop by kokusai some time next week by myself and challenge the single advance slope they have. Anybody been there yet?
Oh, and I will be going to Rusutsu on 14th and 15th for my long-awaited revenge on their evil lifts. Must really really really try not to fall off the lifts there again. (Cross my fingers!) It will be 3 guys (Chen fei, Eric, Mori) and one single girl. A gyaku harem is something that I had never experienced since I had been in arts for my whole life. So funny!