The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
NEW YORK.
Welcome.
The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
New York.
An aspiring hikikomori/ gomiyashiki owner who will get 3 dogs, 1 cat and a herb
garden when she is in her 40s.
Currently a second year Phd student in East Asian Studies, NYU; a self-proclaimed OTAKU; a
clumsy but avid snowboarder; and absent oneechama of Variel.
8 Sept 2010: West Side Story, WICKED
19 Sept 2010: Chicago
8 Oct 2010: Promises Promises
29 Oct 2010: Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
14 Nov 2010: American Idiot
18 Jan 2011: Billy Elliot
8 Feb 2011: La Cage Aux Folles
6 Mar 2011: Paul Taylor Dance Group
5 Apr 2011: Catch Me If You Can (Broadway preview)
2 Dec 2011: La Boheme
9 Jan 2012: Rent
22 Mar 2012: Phantom of the Opera
23 May 2012: Avenue Q
26 Sep 2012: Newsies
2 Oct 2012: Turandot
4 Oct 2012: Once
15 Oct 2012: Sleep No More
28 Nov 2012: Lion King
7 Feb 2013: Book of Mormons
14 Mar 2013: Jersey Boys
25 Mar 2013: Sleep No More
21 May 2013: Kinky Boots
26 Sep 2013: Big Fish
Saturday, March 28, 2009
11:04 PM
Negative-er and negative-er
My opinion of M'sian BOYS just went to a new low today. Maybe it is politically incorrect to put this in my blog, but I just feel that I must speak out.
To start, I was horribly offended by a seriously politically incorrect statement from a fellow kenpi M'sian guy when I was in Okinawa. This was while I was reminiscing on the evils of Singapore cos I am not blind to the faults of my country. However, he was seriously brain-washed by his own country and made a statement that effectively states that 'Singapore became so successful cos she used M'sia as a stepping stone.' Anyway, that was water under the bridge.
Than, another statement by another boy that made me think that he is very shallow in terms of relationships. But I guess he's a boy and boys are shallow in that aspect.
To top it off, I was confronted by an unending volley of crude sexual jokes, personal attacks, and politically incorrect statements by another boy today. Please note that this is only the second time I met him. First, he doggedly joked about my impending big three o. How I had 历经沧桑 and that he wants to give me a big gift on my bday next year. Then, things started degenerating. He happily went on to describe Spore as a place where the main tourism spot is Geylang to all his friends. To be fair, he also said Batam is like another Geylang. He then said that he might just be a pimp in Geylang in the future and that he will give me a discount or give me a buy one get one 'duck' if I go. He goes on to say that gay men in Singapore are 'dugged' when they join the army. When a guy who is more or less out of the closet was sitting right beside him! After MX refuted his statement and said M'sia is worse cos there are women in their army, the boy actually said that it is better to be raped than 'dugged'. He also mentioned that Singapore women are flat-chested. Also, Japanese post-grads and salarymen are so obssessed with their studies or work that they have low sex drive. Especially post-grads, who are still virgins at 26yr old. His brain is so dirty that ten spin cycles with ten boxes with detergent won't help.
I was internally offended. But his statements were so shocking and infantile that I was more amused than angry. Not to mention that I can't spoil the mood of the gathering, especially since it was supposed to be his farewell party (thank God!). He has found a job and is supposed to move to Shizuoka next tue. I won't see him ever after this so there is no need to be mean. Even though I was quite seriously offended by some of his sweeping statements, I kept quiet and went along.
Poor MX was so unhappy cos he actually joined in a farewell party for such a rude person and had to pay more than 2000yen. LOL! Luckily, I only drank a cocktail for less than 300yen.
I seriously regretted not saying 'No need discount lah. As long as you get a guy totally unlike you, I don't mind paying any amount!'
Disclaimer: Not all M'sian boys are so callow and stupid. Not to mention that M'sian boys who spent half their life in Spore are different too.
0 comments