The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
NEW YORK.
Welcome.
The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
New York.
An aspiring hikikomori/ gomiyashiki owner who will get 3 dogs, 1 cat and a herb
garden when she is in her 40s.
Currently a second year Phd student in East Asian Studies, NYU; a self-proclaimed OTAKU; a
clumsy but avid snowboarder; and absent oneechama of Variel.
8 Sept 2010: West Side Story, WICKED
19 Sept 2010: Chicago
8 Oct 2010: Promises Promises
29 Oct 2010: Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
14 Nov 2010: American Idiot
18 Jan 2011: Billy Elliot
8 Feb 2011: La Cage Aux Folles
6 Mar 2011: Paul Taylor Dance Group
5 Apr 2011: Catch Me If You Can (Broadway preview)
2 Dec 2011: La Boheme
9 Jan 2012: Rent
22 Mar 2012: Phantom of the Opera
23 May 2012: Avenue Q
26 Sep 2012: Newsies
2 Oct 2012: Turandot
4 Oct 2012: Once
15 Oct 2012: Sleep No More
28 Nov 2012: Lion King
7 Feb 2013: Book of Mormons
14 Mar 2013: Jersey Boys
25 Mar 2013: Sleep No More
21 May 2013: Kinky Boots
26 Sep 2013: Big Fish
Friday, May 22, 2009
9:32 AM
MY ROOM
I had an epiphany on what ails my room after a session of complaining to my aunt on the vices of brother mine. For the uninformed, he has invaded my room after I vacated it for Sapporo. For those who have scores of siblings or relatives and never had a room to call their own, they will know just how precious one's private space is. FYI, I decorated my room all by myself. From taking in the measurements and going to IKEA to decorating it with the various ornaments I collected during my travels.
But I digress... in short, my dearest loving bosom has turned my room into the classic OTAKU room.
Mind you, my brother is not an otaku, at least in the traditional sense, with the otaku backpack and the stale air of unwashed and sweaty body borne from years of hurried showering lest he miss his anime/manga/figurines/game.
When he is not out chionging with his buddies or playing life or death soccer, he LIVES in my room. Breakfast, lunch and sometimes dinner. He sits on the beautiful (ex) sofa (permanently) bed the whole day, fiddling with his laptop on my invaded table.
Having finished my temp baito from Kiki, I embarked on trying to clear enough space in my room to unpack. Not an easy task, as my stuff are buried under his. In the process, I found bits and pieces of my old life that were put away into the shelf or covered over by his stuff. I guess it can't be helped, since I had opted to leave Singapore. But it still made me sad.
I guess I have a right to make a stand, since that is my room in the first place. Though I am worried that he will PMS all over me again. I simply lack the ability to summon righteous anger on my behalf. No matter what, my room must be made presentable before Variel's release, so that I can invite my lovely friends over.
Now, if only I can move his body to the living room so that I can start on restoring my room.
0 comments