The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
NEW YORK.
Welcome.
The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
New York.
An aspiring hikikomori/ gomiyashiki owner who will get 3 dogs, 1 cat and a herb
garden when she is in her 40s.
Currently a second year Phd student in East Asian Studies, NYU; a self-proclaimed OTAKU; a
clumsy but avid snowboarder; and absent oneechama of Variel.
8 Sept 2010: West Side Story, WICKED
19 Sept 2010: Chicago
8 Oct 2010: Promises Promises
29 Oct 2010: Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
14 Nov 2010: American Idiot
18 Jan 2011: Billy Elliot
8 Feb 2011: La Cage Aux Folles
6 Mar 2011: Paul Taylor Dance Group
5 Apr 2011: Catch Me If You Can (Broadway preview)
2 Dec 2011: La Boheme
9 Jan 2012: Rent
22 Mar 2012: Phantom of the Opera
23 May 2012: Avenue Q
26 Sep 2012: Newsies
2 Oct 2012: Turandot
4 Oct 2012: Once
15 Oct 2012: Sleep No More
28 Nov 2012: Lion King
7 Feb 2013: Book of Mormons
14 Mar 2013: Jersey Boys
25 Mar 2013: Sleep No More
21 May 2013: Kinky Boots
26 Sep 2013: Big Fish
Friday, June 12, 2009
9:09 PM
Close quarters
Human beings, when left in close quarters, creates much friction. These days, I can't properly oil my relationships with distance.
Also, it is very troublesome to have someone expect much commitment from me when I seriously have low expectations in this particular relationship. Too much disappointments and anger throughout my childhood had obliterated any expectations here. However, as I am unable to properly reciprocate the feelings and emo-ings, there is a need to tread carefully in all my actions and words everyday. One wrong word will spark off a series of fatal combustion and wronged male ego. The worst thing is that I can't run away, being connected, most unfortunately, by the fateful link called 'blood'.
In spite of the roller coaster of male emo-ing that I have to face everyday, I am not allowed to callously refrain from responding in tandem with the highs and lows. When cued at the high points, I have to strive to exhibit heightened moments of happiness and interest. At low points, I must execute a modicum of care and concern. I must play out a performance of respect everyday, even though I don't get to partake in that particular plate.
Escaping everynight to a past sanctuary will not resolve anything. Though I still have a nice little spot in that comfy place, I want to go back to my nest. I still want the sole right to clutter my nest with my rubbish only. Hopefully, with the imminent arrival of the new and much coveted Nissan, everything will go back to normal. However, it remains that the male species will reside in the elevated spot within the hierarchy of all things. So whether my little problem will be alleviated or not... it all depends on him and him only.
Nevertheless, I shall try to preservere, while treading the thin line between a short term fight and a 'show hand' of estrangement.
0 comments