The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
NEW YORK.
Welcome.
The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
New York.
An aspiring hikikomori/ gomiyashiki owner who will get 3 dogs, 1 cat and a herb
garden when she is in her 40s.
Currently a second year Phd student in East Asian Studies, NYU; a self-proclaimed OTAKU; a
clumsy but avid snowboarder; and absent oneechama of Variel.
8 Sept 2010: West Side Story, WICKED
19 Sept 2010: Chicago
8 Oct 2010: Promises Promises
29 Oct 2010: Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
14 Nov 2010: American Idiot
18 Jan 2011: Billy Elliot
8 Feb 2011: La Cage Aux Folles
6 Mar 2011: Paul Taylor Dance Group
5 Apr 2011: Catch Me If You Can (Broadway preview)
2 Dec 2011: La Boheme
9 Jan 2012: Rent
22 Mar 2012: Phantom of the Opera
23 May 2012: Avenue Q
26 Sep 2012: Newsies
2 Oct 2012: Turandot
4 Oct 2012: Once
15 Oct 2012: Sleep No More
28 Nov 2012: Lion King
7 Feb 2013: Book of Mormons
14 Mar 2013: Jersey Boys
25 Mar 2013: Sleep No More
21 May 2013: Kinky Boots
26 Sep 2013: Big Fish
Saturday, June 27, 2009
8:56 PM
Updates
I had been MIA of late, so time to update my faithful readers on the events of my mundane life.
On True Yoga and True Spa Took a promo $99 1 month package for unlimited lessons and four massages. Their salesperson called me a few days ago to tell me that they will continue this $99 package into a 1 year contract. Not really for me, as True Yoga is really too far and inconvenient. Meanwhile, the front desk at True Spa was really inefficient and bad at customer service.
On MFA Lots of friends had been asking me on how it was. Guess most peeps feel that a career at MFA is akin to landing a pot of gold. Hmmm.... I didn't even make it pass the first round. For one, I didn't really try hard enough. Also, I am not really THAT interested. Don't think that I am made out to work for the gahmen or its bureacracy anyway. Not to mention that the working hours is made for slavery.
On part-time work/ baito Did a half day stint as an interpreter at this event between Asahikawa city and various tour-related companies in Singapore. It was interesting, not to mention having the chance to meet some of my juniors whom I kept hearing about. Just finished my JTB Hokkaido translation baito too. The more I translate, the more I started to miss Sapporo. An interesting sensation, I must say. I do miss Sapporo, but it is with a detached sense of nostalgia. My chapter with the land of the rising sun is more or less over, and I do not hanker after this particular sun these days (other than my ongoing addiction to snowboarding).
On girlfriends Met up with the Japan island girls after the Asahikawa event. We had a great chat, having experienced a somewhat similar chain of life events, namely 'worked in Citibank', 'went to Japan'. Sadly, we are to be separated by the sea again, with one in UK, one in HK, one in Spore and me in, hopefully, anywhere but Spore. Met up with Serinah, Jac and her brand of crazy friends too. Was for a 'guitar hero nite', playing a band on Wii (I wanna play Wii snowboard!!!). At this stage of their life, they seemed really very successful at being 'WOMAN', in terms of career, love and maintainance of self. I am reminded, once again, that being a 'woman' is really no easy task. Or rather, I am too lazy and otaku-ized to consume this ideal.
On Hayden My aunt and I finally agreed on a puppy. I simply couldn't stand having a puppy who looks like Spencer and we settled on a tri-color cavalier king charles spaniel. Unfortunately, he's a he and I prefer a she. Even so, he is distractingly, irritatingly CUTE. Absolutely irrepressible playfulness, but very responsive to us too. Variel detests, abhors and hates him. She can't bear staying in the same room with him. She growls when he bounces near. She is turning into an irascible old lady right before my very eyes. Or maybe I should say that she is simply a haughty princess?
On my room I have somewhat regain my room. There are still some finishing touches to be made. The light bulb in my 'egg' needs changing. I need to put up my wall furnishings. The doors of my TV cabinet needs mending. But the outlook seems good.
On otaku-ing I stopped sim 2-ing and switched to One Piece anime. Watched until 4am in one night and went into a OP craze. Switched to manga after the latest anime and continued with the madness. Come to think of it, I first started reading OP when I was in Okinawa back in 2002/03. This is really a great series. But waiting for new episodes sucks so I am going to put it in hiatus for a while.
On my next step I need to gather up my wits, catch up with my lecturers, kill all the ticks in Hazel, catch up with Naruto, start researching on my next educational institute for nua-ing, slim down so as to be a betta 'woman', email my friends in Hokkaido, send gifts to my friends in Hokkaido, read non-fictions on my research, read fictions from our colonial masters, read fictions in Japanese, look for a job, cut my hair....
0 comments