The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
NEW YORK.
Welcome.
The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
New York.
An aspiring hikikomori/ gomiyashiki owner who will get 3 dogs, 1 cat and a herb
garden when she is in her 40s.
Currently a second year Phd student in East Asian Studies, NYU; a self-proclaimed OTAKU; a
clumsy but avid snowboarder; and absent oneechama of Variel.
8 Sept 2010: West Side Story, WICKED
19 Sept 2010: Chicago
8 Oct 2010: Promises Promises
29 Oct 2010: Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
14 Nov 2010: American Idiot
18 Jan 2011: Billy Elliot
8 Feb 2011: La Cage Aux Folles
6 Mar 2011: Paul Taylor Dance Group
5 Apr 2011: Catch Me If You Can (Broadway preview)
2 Dec 2011: La Boheme
9 Jan 2012: Rent
22 Mar 2012: Phantom of the Opera
23 May 2012: Avenue Q
26 Sep 2012: Newsies
2 Oct 2012: Turandot
4 Oct 2012: Once
15 Oct 2012: Sleep No More
28 Nov 2012: Lion King
7 Feb 2013: Book of Mormons
14 Mar 2013: Jersey Boys
25 Mar 2013: Sleep No More
21 May 2013: Kinky Boots
26 Sep 2013: Big Fish
Friday, July 24, 2009
10:08 AM
The bits and pieces
The bits and pieces of my life here sometimes reminds me of my life back in Sapporo, making me miss the good old times. Given that I had already lived in Japan twice, I do not desire to be living back there anytime soon. As it is, I am not originally much of a fanatic over all things Japan. So my moments of nostalgia are usually triggered by a small catalyst, a brief feeling of sadness that all is history, mixed with happiness over that particular memory, and then everything is forgotten in my forgetful little mind.
Just like when I was doing my translation baito for JTB. Was doing a translation on various tourist spots in Sapporo when I came upon Sapporo Parco. And I started thinking about the departmental store and the times that I passed by it.
Although I had came across translation bits on Lake Akan, the recent baito with a simple one sentence on Akan made me remember this wonderful little bakery near the lake.
Kat recently put up a utube video on her blog. It showed people singing 'One Way' in Japanese. This was one of my fav songs back in ICF and there is even a special rhythm to clap in the chorus (unfortunately, this video does not show it). Though I might have some slight issues with some people in church, but it is still a place that holds some of the great memories of my life in Sapporo. Well, Fumie is coming to 'visit' next month and bunking at my room for one week. Can't wait for her to come!!
In the meantime, here is a clearer version of this song: