The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
NEW YORK.
Welcome.
The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
New York.
An aspiring hikikomori/ gomiyashiki owner who will get 3 dogs, 1 cat and a herb
garden when she is in her 40s.
Currently a second year Phd student in East Asian Studies, NYU; a self-proclaimed OTAKU; a
clumsy but avid snowboarder; and absent oneechama of Variel.
8 Sept 2010: West Side Story, WICKED
19 Sept 2010: Chicago
8 Oct 2010: Promises Promises
29 Oct 2010: Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
14 Nov 2010: American Idiot
18 Jan 2011: Billy Elliot
8 Feb 2011: La Cage Aux Folles
6 Mar 2011: Paul Taylor Dance Group
5 Apr 2011: Catch Me If You Can (Broadway preview)
2 Dec 2011: La Boheme
9 Jan 2012: Rent
22 Mar 2012: Phantom of the Opera
23 May 2012: Avenue Q
26 Sep 2012: Newsies
2 Oct 2012: Turandot
4 Oct 2012: Once
15 Oct 2012: Sleep No More
28 Nov 2012: Lion King
7 Feb 2013: Book of Mormons
14 Mar 2013: Jersey Boys
25 Mar 2013: Sleep No More
21 May 2013: Kinky Boots
26 Sep 2013: Big Fish
My current new love, introduced by Lynn and Sandy!! The protagonist works in a police department's forensic office analyzing blood spatter by day, and a serial killer by night. Muah ha ha! Just finished the first season, filled with frozen body parts and lots of blood. Basically, I like this series because Dexter, the serial killer, narrates the whole story, giving very interesting but cheesy commentary throughout. Like, when he walks into a fellow serial killer's house, he comments, 'So this is where he kills beside time.' I realize that I quite like crime serials.
As I like to multi-task, I had been watching this while trying to memorize the korean alphabet.
And by killing season, I mean the start of my personal frenzy to make good my promise to myself: Go to some other country to waste my life. Columbia U is open for online applications liao and I have to register for this troublesome GRE general paper asap cos if I am not wrong, the next exam is in Oct. Will probably drop by kino or borders tomorrow or mon to buy a textbook for this exam. I'll probably apply for 2 uni in UK and 3 in US... not sure yet cos each application will probably bleed me by S$100. Then, there is the money problem. All my funds are tied up in sunken MFs!! Haiz... sometimes, I wish I was born in a really rich family. Next on the agenda are the testimonials I have to get from my ex-lecturers or senseis. Not to mention my research proposal and etc etc. I might just drop dead before getting a chance to leave this country!
0 comments