The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
NEW YORK.
Welcome.
The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
New York.
An aspiring hikikomori/ gomiyashiki owner who will get 3 dogs, 1 cat and a herb
garden when she is in her 40s.
Currently a second year Phd student in East Asian Studies, NYU; a self-proclaimed OTAKU; a
clumsy but avid snowboarder; and absent oneechama of Variel.
8 Sept 2010: West Side Story, WICKED
19 Sept 2010: Chicago
8 Oct 2010: Promises Promises
29 Oct 2010: Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
14 Nov 2010: American Idiot
18 Jan 2011: Billy Elliot
8 Feb 2011: La Cage Aux Folles
6 Mar 2011: Paul Taylor Dance Group
5 Apr 2011: Catch Me If You Can (Broadway preview)
2 Dec 2011: La Boheme
9 Jan 2012: Rent
22 Mar 2012: Phantom of the Opera
23 May 2012: Avenue Q
26 Sep 2012: Newsies
2 Oct 2012: Turandot
4 Oct 2012: Once
15 Oct 2012: Sleep No More
28 Nov 2012: Lion King
7 Feb 2013: Book of Mormons
14 Mar 2013: Jersey Boys
25 Mar 2013: Sleep No More
21 May 2013: Kinky Boots
26 Sep 2013: Big Fish
Friday, October 02, 2009
12:54 AM
Legend of the Seeker
When I first saw this trailer in Ch5, I thought: Ok, another tv series like Tin Man. Interesting and I like fantasy, but I'll probably watch when I happen to switch on the tv.
Then, I saw this trailer 2nd, 3rd, 4th... time. The lead character is called Richard. So I thought: Ok, Richard is a common enough name. Another time, I saw a lady in flowing white dress kicking ass. So I thought: Cool. By this time, one or two lightbulbs have lighted up in my brain in the style of Ouran High School Host Club episode one.
Then, another time, I happened to catch the name of the cool lady... something that starts with 'K'. More lightbulbs started blinking. Then, I looked at the title again: The Legend of the Seeker... No, it couldn't be. Blink blink blink blink...
Link it together: Richard, kickass lady in white dress with name that starts with K, Seeker... BLINK! So I googled and it's true!! A live action drama series adapted from Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!
Yup, so here I am, unleashing the latent bookworm on my poor unsuspecting readers. This is my favourite fantasy series of all time. So kindly allow me to rant and rave in ecstasy. When I came back from Okinawa, one of my heavy-weight nua-ing session included reading one humongous book of this series per day on the living room sofa. Ahhh... such bliss!
So I am seriously expecting much from this drama series. And I am really hoping that it won't disappoint me the likes of 'True Blood' (FYI, this is the life action drama of Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series). One whole season of True Blood equaled one thin little book and my favourite vampire will only appear as the lead in the third book!! So please please don't let Legend of the Seeker be like True Blood.
But I digress. The Sword of Truth series starts with 'Wizard's First Rule'. The plot is ingenious, the twist at the end of the novel was so clever that it blew my brain right out, the violence was so real that I felt pain. I managed to even get a non-reader like my sis to read the 1st and 2nd book! Hopefully, the drama can measure up to the original novel!
PS: I am not waiting for Ch5 to start showing this on 15th Oct. Jia you, my darling bittorrent!!
Addendum: Unfortunately, the live action usually cannot measure up to the original novel (with 'Interview with the Vampire' as the exception). Checked out utube and turns out most of Terry Goodkind's fans hate the live action. boo hoo!