The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
NEW YORK.
Welcome.
The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
New York.
An aspiring hikikomori/ gomiyashiki owner who will get 3 dogs, 1 cat and a herb
garden when she is in her 40s.
Currently a second year Phd student in East Asian Studies, NYU; a self-proclaimed OTAKU; a
clumsy but avid snowboarder; and absent oneechama of Variel.
8 Sept 2010: West Side Story, WICKED
19 Sept 2010: Chicago
8 Oct 2010: Promises Promises
29 Oct 2010: Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
14 Nov 2010: American Idiot
18 Jan 2011: Billy Elliot
8 Feb 2011: La Cage Aux Folles
6 Mar 2011: Paul Taylor Dance Group
5 Apr 2011: Catch Me If You Can (Broadway preview)
2 Dec 2011: La Boheme
9 Jan 2012: Rent
22 Mar 2012: Phantom of the Opera
23 May 2012: Avenue Q
26 Sep 2012: Newsies
2 Oct 2012: Turandot
4 Oct 2012: Once
15 Oct 2012: Sleep No More
28 Nov 2012: Lion King
7 Feb 2013: Book of Mormons
14 Mar 2013: Jersey Boys
25 Mar 2013: Sleep No More
21 May 2013: Kinky Boots
26 Sep 2013: Big Fish
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
12:15 PM
Terrible and impatient me
Seriously!! I know I am terrible and impatient and callous. To me, Japan is not simply Japan. Especially since I had lived in Okinawa and Hokkaido. Does anybody really know what kind of distance I am talking about?!?
Sapporo is 23 Singapores (lengthwise) from Sendai, Miyagi. Seriously, you will only die from the earthquake at Sendai if you are a very careless 80 year old who happens to be going down a steep flight of stairs.
Being in Japan does not necessarily mean that one is in imminent danger from earthquakes, tsunami and radioactive exposure.
Japan is NOT one single clump of islands. It is SPREAD over an incredible distance. You get 0 degrees in Sapporo and 20 degrees in Okinawa. Does any Singaporean understand how extreme this is??????
And does anybody in Singapore understand just how well equipped Japan is against earthquakes???? Buildings do not simply crumple from an earthquake cos they are built to withstand tremors. You will surely die if you are at the Haiti earthquake but you won't really die if you are at Japan.
I REALLY have difficulty seeing the Japan earthquake as 'JAPAN' earthquake. It is called 東日本大震災. I absolutely cannot see it as a Japan earthquake per se. However, I do see the aftermath as something that affects the whole of Japan, in terms of the economy. So this means it affects the world anyway. So should I go and ask my friends in Singapore if they are all right? I might sound callous, but seriously, get your geography right!