The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
NEW YORK.
Welcome.
The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
New York.
An aspiring hikikomori/ gomiyashiki owner who will get 3 dogs, 1 cat and a herb
garden when she is in her 40s.
Currently a second year Phd student in East Asian Studies, NYU; a self-proclaimed OTAKU; a
clumsy but avid snowboarder; and absent oneechama of Variel.
8 Sept 2010: West Side Story, WICKED
19 Sept 2010: Chicago
8 Oct 2010: Promises Promises
29 Oct 2010: Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
14 Nov 2010: American Idiot
18 Jan 2011: Billy Elliot
8 Feb 2011: La Cage Aux Folles
6 Mar 2011: Paul Taylor Dance Group
5 Apr 2011: Catch Me If You Can (Broadway preview)
2 Dec 2011: La Boheme
9 Jan 2012: Rent
22 Mar 2012: Phantom of the Opera
23 May 2012: Avenue Q
26 Sep 2012: Newsies
2 Oct 2012: Turandot
4 Oct 2012: Once
15 Oct 2012: Sleep No More
28 Nov 2012: Lion King
7 Feb 2013: Book of Mormons
14 Mar 2013: Jersey Boys
25 Mar 2013: Sleep No More
21 May 2013: Kinky Boots
26 Sep 2013: Big Fish
Sunday, October 02, 2011
10:50 PM
Electrified!!!!
zzzzzzzt! That was the sound of an electricity of shock running through me when one of my roommate finally admitted the electricity bill during its peak in winter. FYI, there are a total of 4 girls sharing this apartment. Each and I repeat, EACH of them paid more than USD150. In other words, the total bill for a month in winter was more than UDS600!!!!!! And I am pretty sure she rounded it down.
That was why nobody wanted to tell me the exact amount when I went to view the apartment. This crazy electricity bill can possibly be the deal breaker for me. Honestly, I am half thinking of moving out already. I am living with three taiwanese girls who do not know how to save electricity during winter.
Basically, they left the heater on all day and night. YES, NIGHT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!! For those who are not familiar with life in a cold country, YOU DO NOT LEAVE THE HEATER ON AT NIGHT!! Unless you are very rich or living in a hotel, that is. Just go and get a damn warm comforter+fleece blanket or worse come, an electric blanket! You do not freeze to death in the warm cocoon of your bed!
Erm, as I am ranting here in Starbucks, I see a girl put her shi tsu into her pink checkered backpack, and walk off with the cute shi tsu's head poking out from the side of her backpack. SO CUTE!! I miss the crazy stress and responsibilities of taking care of a dog all by myself. The constant worrying and the inability to participate fully in the life of a single girl overseas. Not that I am really doing much right now anyway (See my previous post).