The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
NEW YORK.
Welcome.
The place where Broadway and musicals are located.
The place where I will begin the next chapter of my nomadic life.
The place where I turn into an eccentric academic out of sync with normality.
New York.
An aspiring hikikomori/ gomiyashiki owner who will get 3 dogs, 1 cat and a herb
garden when she is in her 40s.
Currently a second year Phd student in East Asian Studies, NYU; a self-proclaimed OTAKU; a
clumsy but avid snowboarder; and absent oneechama of Variel.
8 Sept 2010: West Side Story, WICKED
19 Sept 2010: Chicago
8 Oct 2010: Promises Promises
29 Oct 2010: Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
14 Nov 2010: American Idiot
18 Jan 2011: Billy Elliot
8 Feb 2011: La Cage Aux Folles
6 Mar 2011: Paul Taylor Dance Group
5 Apr 2011: Catch Me If You Can (Broadway preview)
2 Dec 2011: La Boheme
9 Jan 2012: Rent
22 Mar 2012: Phantom of the Opera
23 May 2012: Avenue Q
26 Sep 2012: Newsies
2 Oct 2012: Turandot
4 Oct 2012: Once
15 Oct 2012: Sleep No More
28 Nov 2012: Lion King
7 Feb 2013: Book of Mormons
14 Mar 2013: Jersey Boys
25 Mar 2013: Sleep No More
21 May 2013: Kinky Boots
26 Sep 2013: Big Fish
Friday, May 18, 2012
6:15 AM
Last paper (sort of)
お久しぶり!!This is me being extremely distracted over my last paper, which is going to be a pretty major paper for an important professor. That said, I was going over the voice recordings I had made during the classes and realized that my comments sucked (気のせいだといいけどね). Worse, me being 慢三拍, now in retrospect realized that I was, perhaps, being really patronized by not only the class, but also the professor. Of course, everybody's nice and all. But there is just something lacking in my expressivity that results in a de-legitimizing act of myself.
So yeah, I had already realized the distance from the rest of the classmates. CU is an elite institution and students there do have to act upon their authority by not associating with the likes of party-animals NYU students. Especially the middle-east cliques, since they are doubly interpellated into elitism (CU/ maybe upper middle class) and subaltern-ism (middle east/ authoritative regimes/ gender!). Definitely fine if they want to create their own world and I respect that. Oh, another clique will be the CU anthro phd group. That is, other than the one Taiwanese girl who spoke to me. And I am rather ambivalent over the usage of my chinese/ east asian identity to create a communicative bridge. Hmmm...
So now, I am somewhat glad that I didn't get into CU, cos I heard from a TC (Teacher's College) friend that it is a dog eat dog, stab each other's back world over there.
Oh, and one more thing, Variel is sick. Pretty bad. And I am trying not to think about it nor to blame anyone but me. Is a PhD really worth the time lost with my dog??? How do you put a value to things like this?
0 comments